We are looking for an inspiring and passionate English Teacher to join us from January 2024 as Second in Charge of the English department. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, expert English Teacher with scope for development and progression. We are looking for someone with strong leadership potential who may or may not have held a leadership role before.
You will be teaching in a department of talented English teachers, delivering lessons to a consistently high standard and contributing to excellent results at GCSE and A Level so that all students achieve their full potential.
WHO YOU ARE
You will have the ability to inspire young people, instilling a love of English both as an academic subject and as part of their cultural capital. We have an academic culture where the highest standards are expected of staff and students in line with the Future Academies values; knowledge, aspiration and respect.
As the successful applicant, you will have:
• A strong academic record with a 2:1 degree or above from a leading university in your specialist subject
• Passion for your subject with high cultural literacy to deliver impactful lessons
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• The ambition and determination we expect from all of our staff to continue striving for excellence
• The enthusiasm and energy required to work with the children and young people in our school
• An unwavering belief in the power of education to change lives, as per our trust’s motto, libertas per cultum (freedom through education). We expect all teachers to share in, and feel empowered by, this concept
WHO WE ARE
Trinity Academy, as part of the outstanding Future Academies Trust, provides a traditional and aspirational academic curriculum and fully-rounded education for girls and boys aged 11-18. Based in Brixton, South London with easy access to public transport, we have a wide catchment area across South London.
Trinity Academy’s focus is on setting and achieving aspirational and rigorous educational standards. To that end, we offer pupils of all abilities a style of education more usually found in grammar schools or the independent sector.
Exemplary knowledge-rich teaching and learning drives everything we do and is underpinned by what is proven to work best in the classroom, using resources exclusively developed by the Future Academies Curriculum Centre.
• The chance to make a difference to children’s and young people’s lives. Future Academies believe that all children have the right to enriching education through a knowledge-rich approach.
• Fast career progression. Because knowledge and intelligence, rather than length of service, are lauded and rewarded at Future Academies, teachers and support staff can quickly take up great responsibility, adding to their already exceptional experience and knowledge, joining the SLT or writing for the Trust’s Curriculum Centre, where our in-house textbooks are produced.
• Excellent CPD. The Trust is knowledge-centric and encourages CPD at all levels with excellent opportunities for swift career progression, within the Academy and Trust. This includes Leadership Development opportunities.
• Knowledge-rich staff team. You will be working with a supportive leadership team, cohesive staff body, and very purposeful environment with excellent resources. Being part of a Trust of schools enables you to share knowledge across a wider range of educational professionals.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying for the post of Second in Charge of English at Trinity Academy, please click on the “Fast Apply” button to complete an online application form.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Closing date: 2nd October 2023 at Noon
Future Academies reserves the right to interview and appoint prior to the advert closing date.
Trinity Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.