We have an outstanding opportunity for an ambitious teacher to lead the Humanities Department and direct teaching and learning within the subject. The successful candidate will become part of a pivotal team supporting colleagues to raise standards and further drive progress at Trinity Academy. We are seeking an innovative and motivational leader with excellent subject knowledge, and the desire and commitment to raise achievement of students at all levels. We are looking for a passionate and inspirational professional who would enjoy working in an exciting and rewarding environment and is prepared to contribute fully to school life.
WHO YOU ARE
We are looking for a candidate who:
• Has outstanding teaching ability to GCSE and A Level
• Has a commitment to and has contributed to the effective raising of standards
• Believes in the power of delivering a knowledge-rich curriculum
• Has high expectations of self and others
WHO WE ARE
Trinity Academy, as part of the outstanding Future Academies Trust, provides a traditional and aspirational academic curriculum and fully-rounded education for girls and boys aged 11-18. Based in Brixton, South London with easy access to public transport, we have a wide catchment area across South London.
Trinity Academy’s focus is on setting and achieving aspirational and rigorous educational standards. To that end, we offer pupils of all abilities a style of education more usually found in grammar schools or the independent sector.
Exemplary knowledge-rich teaching and learning drives everything we do and is underpinned by what is proven to work best in the classroom, using resources exclusively developed by the Future Academies Curriculum Centre.
• The chance to make a difference to children’s and young people’s lives. Future Academies is of the belief that all children have the right to enriching education through a knowledge-rich and child-centric approach.
• Fast career progression. Because knowledge and intelligence, rather than length of service, are lauded and rewarded at Future Academies, teachers and support staff can quickly take up great responsibility, adding to their already exceptional experience and knowledge, joining the SLT or writing for the Trust’s Curriculum Centre, where our in-house textbooks are produced.
• Excellent CPD. The Trust is knowledge-centric and encourages CPD at all levels with excellent opportunities for swift career progression, within the Academy and Trust. This includes Leadership Development opportunities.
• Knowledge-rich staff team. You will be working with a supportive leadership team, cohesive staff body, and very purposeful environment with excellent resources. Being part of a Trust of schools enables you to share knowledge across a wider range of educational professionals.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying for the post of Head of Humanities at Trinity Academy, please click on the apply button to complete an online application form.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Closing date: 29th May 2023 at Noon
Future Academies reserves the right to interview and appoint prior to the advert closing date.
Trinity Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.