Job Role: Cover Supervisor
Reporting to: Senior Leadership Team
Salary: Scale H6 (to be pro-rated for term-time)
Type: Fixed Term / Term-time
A fantastic opportunity to work as a Cover Supervisor at Laureate Academy, working with a supportive team, committed to providing students with an excellent education.
WHO WE ARE
Laureate Academy is a flourishing mixed, non-selective secondary school and sixth form based in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, admitting students from the ages of 11 to 18. We are part of a Multi-Academy Trust which includes three primary schools and seven secondary schools in London and Hertfordshire.
We are motivated by a mission of social change and reducing educational inequality: Our school and Trust are unique in our approach to a knowledge-rich curriculum, and in our strong emphasis on raising children’s aspirations and outcomes through the teaching of classical and traditional subjects.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
This is a great opportunity for a motivated and committed individual to assist with the education of our students: With excellent interpersonal and listening skills, as well as a high degree of emotional intelligence, you will be an effective oral and written communicator with children and staff and you will have the ability to develop positive relationships with all young people.
You have excellent time management, organisation and prioritisation skills, which will enable you to prepare and deploy cover plans and deliver cover lessons.
Main areas of responsibility:
- To prepare daily cover plans in accordance with requirements.
- To supervise work that has been set by a class teacher (in their absence).
- To manage the behaviour of students whilst they are undertaking this work to ensure a constructive environment.
- To respond to any questions from students about process and procedures.
- To deal with any immediate problems or emergencies according to the school’s policies and procedures.
- To collect completed work after the lesson and pass to the appropriate teacher.
- To report, as appropriate using the school’s agreed referral procedures, on the behaviour of students during the class and on any problems arising.
- To participate in training and other learning activities and in appraisal and professional development, as required by the school’s policies and practices
- Experience of working with children of the relevant age.
- Understanding of the curricular requirements of the school, to include statutory requirements.
- Competence in the use of ICT to support teaching and learning.
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills; a high degree of emotional intelligence; and an effective oral and written communicator with children and staff. ·
- The ability to develop positive relationships with all young people.
- Well-developed planning & organisation skills including, time management, prioritisation, delegation and administration.
- Sound judgement and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Committed to the wider life of the school.
WHY CHOOSE US?
- The chance to make a difference to children’s lives
- Fast career progression. Because knowledge and intelligence, rather than length of service, are lauded and rewarded at Laureate Academy/Future Academies, teachers and support staff can quickly take up great responsibility. Furthermore, you can access our “Outstanding”-rated Initial Teacher Training programme.
Laureate Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An online search is completed as part of the on-boarding process and an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check is required for this post.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying to the Cover Supervisor role at Laureate Academy, please complete the application form.
Further information about Laureate Academy and Future Academies may be found on our website
The Laureate Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. To this end both an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and a Barred List check are required for this role. We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.